Now that the extra seam strips of fabric have been attached to the various pieces, the toile could then have another fitting on ‘Gertie’ my tailors dummy.
Before I started working on the toiles Mr Gertie gave me a hand to measure my ‘vital statistics’ so I could then transfer the figures onto my tailors dummy.
Using an up-to-date bra I filled it with lots of toy stuffing to replicate my rather large bust then secured wadding around the waist and tum to represent my spare tyres...
Once I was happy with the fit I marked the pin lines with tailors chalk so I could tack the seams ready for another fitting on ‘Gertie’.
I added the collar this time, as having altered the front of the toile I needed to see how that looked.
As you can see by the way the collar is folding, it needs to be reshaped. I also noticed that the left front side (if you’re looking straight at it) wasn’t sitting on the bust compared to the right side. This puzzled me as I measured both front sides and they were about the same size, so I couldn’t understand why it wasn’t fitting right.
I tried the toile on myself just in case ‘Gertie’s bust’ wasn’t sitting straight. The results, however, were still the same.
I asked Mr Gertie if he could take a look (a fresh pair of eyes and all that) and he suggested that there appeared to be too fabric in the front pleat panel. If I made that panel smaller just on the left side then hopefully that will bring the left bust up.
I bet May and Patrick don’t have this much trouble !!!!!
Have a great week.
PS why not pop over to Handmade Monday to see what other fellow craft bloggers have been up to.