When I bought my new sewing machine in 2011 it came with a pretty boring white PVC cover.
A couple of years ago my Mam had embroidered me a lovely cover for my overlocker, and as they are both next to each other, my sewing machine looked a little sorry for itself.
Armed with my trusty lefthanded tape measure I took the sewing machines vital statistics, then with a rotary cutter, cut out loads of 2 inch squares from my stash of spare fabric.
The construction was pretty easy. I stitched together the squares to make strips long enough to wrap over the machine then after pressing the seams, stitched the strips together.
When I sandwiches the strips and the wadding together, instead of using fabric as the foundation layer, I used tissue paper. After I had finished stitching the diagonals lines the tissue paper was simply torn away. Finally the sides and top were stitched together.
The lining, from old cream sheets, was cut to size and the sides and top were stitched together. The bottom edges of both the main fabric and the lining were lined up, then leaving a gap of about six inches, I machine stitched them together.
Once the seams were pressed and the cover had been turned right side out, I hand stitched the gap.
PS pop over to Handmade Monday to see what other fellow craft bloggers have been up to.