Pages

Sunday 6 October 2013

One down, three to go

My sewing machine has been busy this week stitching one of the quilts that my late mam had made a start on.


I wasn't sure what my mam had planned for the back of the quilt so rang my sister to see if she had any ideas.

'Just use what ever fabric you think goes', she suggested, 'that was what mam was going to do'.

Looking through the stash of fabric I inherited from my mam I found some pink butterfly print, which although there wasn't enough to cover the back completely, there was enough for five large squares. I teamed that up with some cream and used what was left of the main fabric to make some binding.


So, one quilt down, only another three to go !!!!

Have a great week.

Gertie xx

PS why not pop over to Handmade Monday to see what other fellow craft bloggers have been up to.

15 comments:

  1. It's looking really good - your Mam would be pleased,with it, I'm sure x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The back suits the front very well. Whoever gets it to put on their bed will be nice and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks lovely and you should be really pleased with it. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some little girl is going to be lucky. Hope the mobility is going OK.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The butterfly fabric is lovely, and what a lovely task to be carrying on what your Mam started.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've finished it lovely and am sure your mam will be pleased from her sewing cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt looks so pretty. Three more is going to be a lot of work. Glad you are back in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww such a gorgeous quilt! I love what you've done with the back, the butterfly fabric is the perfect choice and it looks great broken up with the cream :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's really a lovely quilt and I'm sure it means so much to you since it's from your Mom's design. Very special indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks really good, and I'm sure there would be a lot of little girls who would love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's a really lovely quilt, and I think the back looks as equally fabulous as the front.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do like the happy girly pink quilt. Your Mam had very good taste in fabric. Looking forward to seeing the next one. Have a lovely week.
    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Mam had a lot of unfinished projects ;) The pink one is perfect for a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gertie, I've just read the comment you left on my blog and I want to let you know that you made me smile, the thought of Mr Spider up to no good made me chuckle.
    As for your blanket, I think it's lovely, I love the backing you chose, it makes it a double sided quilt. :)

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a beautiful quilt. The back fabric suits the front very well.

    ReplyDelete